REPORTABILITY: Executive Producer
SALARY RANGE: $70,000 to $85,000 per year
SUMMARY: Serves as editor and videographer for the award-winning, nationally syndicated, weekly California Bountiful television program and for other California Farm Bureau (CFB) video projects. Helps to collaborate and create concept videos for CFB meetings, social media sites, and websites. Shoots still photographs for CFB publications and projects, when necessary. Participates in administration of video/television unit.
- Serves as technical lead for the weekly California Bountiful television program, acting as lead videographer, shooting and editing each week’s thirty-minute program. This involves shooting and editing each segment of the program and then editing each segment with the direction of the Executive Producer. The editor adds all graphics into the program, as well as music tracks and edits regional and national commercials into the show as well. The understanding of broadcast quality sound and graphic standards are a must, as is attention to detail.
- Works with Host/Executive Producer (EP) to assemble stories/elements to create each week’s program lineup and to coordinate future on-location shoots. Ability to visually story tell in a long-story format is a must.
- Uploads program to digital distribution services and to social-media sites and websites. Working knowledge of VIMEO, YouTube, social platforms as well as some light code and CMS experience preferred.
- Works under the supervision of the EP and independently to compose visually compelling and informative stories. Collaborate with Executive Office, Division Managers and others within organization to create concepts and produce special-project videos for use at CAFB Annual Meeting and on CFBF and California Bountiful social media sites and websites.
- Produces promotional messages promoting CAFB, California Bountiful and other approved clients, to air during California Bountiful TV commercial breaks and on social media and websites as appropriate.
- Under the supervision of the EP, coordinates with meeting planners on production needs for Annual Convention and other events throughout the year.
- Research operating systems for the CAFB video unit; keep hardware/software up to date. Conduct inventory of existing video equipment and advises on additional equipment that may be needed.
- Organize and maintain video library now stored on hard drives, DVDs and videotape and upload to shared server.
- Participates in media training sessions for county Farm Bureaus and other clients.
- Works with Host/EP to prepare annual budget for television/video unit.
- Coordinates with broadcast engineer on maintenance and repair of video equipment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience in videography, video editing and production, preferably in broadcast news.
- Strong knowledge and facility with [relevant video graphics programs].
- Must be FAA licensed drone pilot.
- Demonstrated ability to perform on-location and studio videography.
- Ability to perform on-location and studio photography, light setups, positioning of subjects.
- Demonstrated ability to tell stories creatively through video.
- Knowledge of broadcast standards (audio, coloring, etc.)
- Knowledge of various social media platforms.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team and to communicate effectively with individuals within and outside of CFBF, to coordinate projects.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere/After Effects.
- Experience working with CMS for online multimedia content.
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Basic Photo editing experience with Photoshop
- Superior organizational skills, especially with large volumes of digital visual content such as video, photographs, and graphic and music assets.
- Ability to travel 20-40%, as well as work flexible hours when needed.
- Self-starter, especially in times of ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to exercise creative judgement with minimal instruction according to broadcast production standards.
California Farm Bureau Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer