REPORTABILITY: Director of Science and Research, California Bountiful Foundation
SALARY RANGE: $70,000 to $80,000 per year
INTRODUCTION: The California Bountiful Foundation (Foundation) is the 501(c)(3) science and research non-profit organization of the California Farm Bureau. Reorganized in April 2002, the Foundation’s goal is to provide science and research services to the farmers, ranchers, and timber producers in California by obtaining scientific data and facts to inform policy decisions. To implement this goal, the Foundation works to collect data, fund research studies at academic institutions, obtain grant funding, and distribute the research widely to relevant stakeholders and communities. Areas of interest to the Foundation include climate-smart agriculture, agricultural technologies to solve on-farm and environmental issues, water and food security, information and knowledge transfer, and environmental and agricultural sustainability through research and education.
SUMMARY: The Administrative Lead for the Foundation will be the primary person administratively implementing several initiatives, projects, and programs at the California Bountiful Foundation. The primary program the Administrative Lead will be involved with includes the Healthy Soils Program Block Grant. This and similar programs in the Foundation are novel initiatives that ensure food security, climate resiliency, and the practical application of science and research at the farm level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The Administrative Lead will utilize a range of administrative and project management skills to accomplish the following job functions:
- Implement Foundation projects such as the Healthy Soils Block Grant project to support equity, education, and agricultural sustainability in California.
- Act as the administrative lead for Foundation projects.
- Support the Foundation's climate change adaptation and mitigation efforts and administratively integrate the efforts into different projects.
- Work closely with California Farm Bureau farmers, ranchers, and timber producers.
- Collaborate with other agricultural institutions and organizations in California and the nation.
- Work closely with State and Federal agencies and their administrative staff.
- Work closely with other divisions within the California Farm Bureau, including the accounting divisions.
- Track project expenses, invoices, and reimbursements.
- Develop reports and review grant information in implementing the Foundation’s existing and new projects.
- University degree (BA, BSc, MSc) with educational knowledge in project management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to review and edit administrative documentation.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to manage work functions and programmatic expenses promptly and fiducially.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer technologies, including Microsoft suite and administrative databases such as Monday.com.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
California Bountiful Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer