Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation and an exercise facility.
Director of Human Resources
Responsible for providing multi-functional HR support on a strategic and operational level including employee relations, compensation management, performance development, benefits negotiation and administration, recruiting, training, Workers Compensation, leave of absence administration and other related HR duties
Assist the Treasurer in the following processes:
- Advise Executive Leadership team on workforce issues, ensuring legal compliance and building an environment that supports employee engagement.
- Facilitate and improve communication among employees, the Human Resource department, and executive leadership, to ensure that employees are familiar with the organizations mission, goals, policies, and expectations.
- Responsible for developing and negotiating company’s benefit strategy as well as overall benefit administration, communication, and annual filings.
- Administer 401(k) retirement program, non-discrimination annual testing, plan document maintenance, summary of material modification disclosures and other required notices and partner with outside firm for annual audit.
- Design performance management system; provide training and guidance to managers.
- Develop compensation strategy, related structure and job hierarchy.
- Develop job descriptions, interview guides and coordinate recruitment efforts.
- Direct and investigate employee relations issues, advise on termination and disciplinary actions and represent organization in agency claims and/or litigation with outside counsel.
- Develop and communicate HR-related policies, company communications and activities.
- Administer HRIS system and generate custom analytical reports.
- Ensure organization is in compliance with all Federal and State statutes related to employment and payroll activities; review semi-monthly payroll for staff of 85.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conduct employee onboarding and exit interviews.
- Administer leave of absence programs, reasonable accommodation requests, Workers Compensation plan, and related claims, OSHA reporting and the Illness and Injury Prevention Plan.
- Facilitate and/or coordinate on-site management training programs.
- Develop and manage Human Resources operating budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality and adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in Generalist or consultative role.
- Professional in Human Resource certification or SHRM Certified Professional.
Meetings and Events Specialist
The Meetings and Events Specialist is responsible for driving the coordination, promotion and execution of CFBF member events and meetings including the Annual Meeting, Leadership Conference, Presidents Caucus and AFBF Annual Meeting. Key responsibilities include enhancing and recommending program changes to increase member attendance and engagement at CFBF events.
- Manages the CFBF Annual Meeting project plan and drives execution of plan tactics amongst the Member Advocacy division as well as across CFBF divisions.
- Provides meeting status updates to division directors on a timely and consistent basis with recommendations to mitigate risks to plan execution and create changes to enhance the member experience.
- Works with Events Consultant to plan event aspects such as venue, seating, dining and guest list.
- Coordinates event entertainment, including music, entertainment and guest speakers.
- Coordinates the registration process for CFBF meetings including Annual Meeting, AFBF Annual Meeting, Leadership Conference and Presidents Caucus.
- Creates and facilitates execution of communication and marketing plan for Annual Meeting and other CFBF related events to drive member attendance and engagement.
- Tracks expenses and reconciles invoices for payment in a timely manner and creates comprehensive and readable financial reports for Annual Meeting and other Leadership meetings.
- Coordinates meeting logistics for Member Advocacy Division at CFBF headquarters and off-site.
- Coordinates and oversees development of registration brochure and on-site program including arranging for break-out sessions, scheduling and coordinating with Creative to prepare for print.
- Works with online services to get Annual Meeting information posted online; responsible for content updates.
- Tracks meeting sponsorships including vendor payments, thank-you letters and registration information; serves as the main point of contact for vendors.
- Executes and manages the fulfillment of sponsorship contracts including the collection and preparation of registration bag materials, signage and promotional elements.
- Provides oversight of registration center to ensure special requirements related to communication at event, ticketing coordination with meeting planner, sponsor relations, and scheduling of staff and volunteers are met for Annual Meeting and other Leadership meetings, as needed.
- Serves as back-up for Member Service line to ensure member service and satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in event planning or project management required.
- Minimum of 2 years previous event planning experience.
- Expertise collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive meeting preparation and execution.
- Experience processing and tracking invoices to ensure timely payments and budget tracking.
- Have a strong understanding of best practices for industry meetings and events including organization and promotion of events.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iMIS, Access and other software programs.
- Ability to generate reports, memos, proposals and other written materials according to standard business writing principles.
- Ability to provide business correspondence in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Detail oriented and able to balance multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to anticipate and plan for possible different scenarios.
- Beginning knowledge of accounting systems.
- Mission-driven with a passion for helping people and creating positive customer service experiences.