California farmers and ranchers stand at the forefront of the organic agriculture market. The market provides opportunities for California producers to grow a wide variety of organic commodities, but there are lots of questions that need to be answered and pitfalls to be avoided.
In its special coverage, Ag Alert provides practical advice for farmers and ranchers about organic agriculture, and profiles farmers to find out how and why they chose to produce for the organic market.
March 16, 2011
September 8, 2010
March 17, 2010
September 9, 2009
- Young farmers tap opportunities in organic market
- Organic dairy farmers benefit from annual contracts
- Trial-and-error research benefits organic almond growers
- The right cover crops can optimize organic production
- Economic downturn slows organic flower market
March 18, 2009
- Considering organics? Farmers offer advice on how to get started
- Growth in organic food sales continues, at slower pace
- Vegetable farmer Tanimura treads lightly on the soil
- Demand for organic raisins means profits can be made
- Expanding markets are possible for farmers 'going organic'
- Ancient and modern come together at Far West Fungi
- Tips for managing weeds in organic fruit orchards