During 2014, Farm Bureau:
- Responded to approximately 600 inquiries from reporters from California, throughout the nation and news outlets in China, Germany, Canada, Singapore, Japan, France, Brazil, Australia and elsewhere; distributed 36 news releases describing CFBF positions and activities.
- Reached more than 1.5 million viewers in the state’s largest media markets via broadcasts of the California Bountiful® television program.
- Through the Young Farmers and Ranchers program, partnered with California Grown to donate more than 11 million pounds of food to the Harvest for All program, collected in gleaning events, food drives and business donations.
- For a seventh consecutive year, purchased Spanish-language radio advertisements in key areas, containing information about how to work safely on hot days, as part of extensive outreach about heat safety that also included articles in Ag Alert® and information on the CFBF website.
- Inaugurated a California Bountiful Instagram site and maintained an active presence on social media via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Provided scholarships totaling $214,000 to more than 50 students interested in pursuing agricultural careers, through the California Farm Bureau Scholarship Foundation.
- Received six American Farm Bureau Federation Awards for Excellence for outreach, policy development and member services; earned national communications awards from AFBF for Best Video Program and Best Feature Story.
- Promoted Farm Bureau, the California Bountiful Foundation and California agriculture at events including the Red Bluff Bull and Gelding Sale, Colusa Farm Show, World Ag Expo and Ag Day at the Capitol.
- Kept Farm Bureau members, legislators, news media and the public informed by publishing 46 issues of Ag Alert, six issues of California Bountiful magazine, 50 weekly airings of the California Bountiful television program, 50 editions of the weekly Food and Farm News service and 34 editions of Friday Review.
- Updated mobile apps to benefit members attending the CFBF Leaders Conference, YF&R Leadership Conference and CFBF Annual Meeting.