During 2013, Farm Bureau:
- Conducted extensive outreach about heat safety, including articles in Ag Alert®, information on the CFBF website and, for a sixth consecutive year, purchase of Spanish-language radio advertisements in key areas, containing information about how to work safely on hot days.
- Redesigned and expanded the CFBF website at www.cfbf.com to make information easier to find and to speed online membership application and other services.
- Maintained an active presence on social media via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest; designed mobile apps to benefit members attending the CFBF Leaders Conference, YF&R Leadership Conference and CFBF Annual Meeting.
- Created Farm Bureau membership recruitment materials in Spanish, with new versions of the Benefits Guide and membership application.
- Responded to more than 400 inquiries from reporters from California and throughout the nation.
- Earned six national communications awards from the American Farm Bureau Federation, including awards for best magazine, print and video feature stories, graphic design, brochure and social media tool.
- Provided scholarships totaling $226,200 to more than 70 students interested in pursuing agricultural careers, through the California Farm Bureau Scholarship Foundation.
- Promoted Farm Bureau, the California Bountiful Foundation and California agriculture at events including the Red Bluff Bull and Gelding Sale, Colusa Farm Show, World Ag Expo, Ag Day at the Capitol and Agriculture Night with the Sacramento Kings.
- Informed Farm Bureau members, legislators, news media and the public through publication of 46 issues of Ag Alert, six issues of California Bountiful magazine, 50 weekly airings of the California Bountiful television program, 50 editions of the weekly Food and Farm News service and 31 editions of Friday Review.